Our European DataDock in Strasbourg
Datadock has been in planning since 2007 and first became operational in 2010. The primary aim was a certain energy efficiency, to reduce both environmental impact and also operating costs. With the integration of a unique well-cooling into the data center concept, energy consumption at datadock can be kept so low that it has been acclaimed the greenest data center in Europe.
- Fully redundant MPLS ring structure with a total capacity of 550 Gbit/s.
- Backbone connects the data center on one path directly with Frankfurt, as well as on another redundant path over Paris and Brussels.
- All data is delivered to the Internet with optimal performance and accessibility.
- 66% less power consumption for the data center infrastructure, when compared to the average data center.
- 25% less overall energy consumption.
- Electrical supply: Transformers, low-voltage mains distribution, UPS components and generators each with n+1 or 2n+1 redundancies.
- Cooling: Well systems, pumps and cooling circuits each with n+1 or 2n+1 redundancies.
- Auditing: Highest attainable rating of five stars in 2013 from Datacenter Star Audit (DCSA)
- Core backbone Frankfurt-Strasbourg: 100 Gbit, Deutsche Telekom: 17x 10Gbit, Level(3): 10x 10Gbit, TeliaSonera: 8x 10Gbit, Cogent: 5x 10Gbit, Telefónica: 3x 10Gbit, DE-CIX: 6 x 10Gbit, ECIX: 6 x 10 Gbit.